0.00 EUR - 562.00 EUR
- Fast delivery
7 TOP TIPS WHEN BUYING A MATTRESS FOR BABY OR CHILD
Your baby is about to or has just been born and you want the very best and softest things to wrap them up and protect their fragility. So when its bedtime, you when you can't wrap them up in your arms, you will want the best quality cot mattress and organic baby bed linen for them.
This is why when buying your baby mattresses for the cot or crib, you should take into account a few top tips and guidelines to find the best choice for you.
Specialists recommend not placing any pillows in the cot and, even later, at least until 2 years of age. But be careful, this is only on the basis that you put special emphasis when buying your baby's cot mattress. We must bear in mind that the body of our little one is still in formation and every day they are growing a little bit more. That's why we should buy a very good quality baby cot mattress that fits perfectly around their delicate frame. Not any mattress will do. It is important to consider these things when buying a baby mattress. Remember: for good growth, you need good and adequate rest.
- Breathable. Babies wet themselves at night and, despite wearing a diaper, or nappy it may be that the pee arrives on the mattress. That's why we must always choose a breathable cot mattress to eliminate moisture as quickly as possible. In addition, choose hypoallergenic mattress protectors that are washable, not fixed covers. Hygiene is always very important.
- Size. Another thing to keep in mind when buying a crib mattress for your baby's cot is the size. Do not buy it too small. Your child will grow bigger, you do not know how much and how quickly, and that is why it is advisable to buy a crib with an optimum size and a mattress that fits perfectly.
- Padded. We mentioned earlier that babies bodies are very fragile, which is why the mattress should also pamper our little ones. Choose to buy a as padded mattress as possible to give them more comfort during their many many hours of sleep!
- Temperature. When it comes to buying a baby mattress another important issue is the temperature. This should be adaptable not only to your baby´s body temperature, but also to the thermal variations of the seasons and, above all, the summer heat.
- The centre. Our baby will sleep in the middle of the cot mattress, although obviously they can wiggle non-stop during the night! But since the centre is a vital part in a mattress and also determines the degree of firmness, take into account the comfort of this part of the mattress.
- Sides. There is no doubt that babies with their continuous fits can move around the mattress. Just as we must have a safe crib, the sides of the mattress are just as important. What does this mean? That when buying mattresses for babies it is better that you choose mattresses with reinforcements on the sides for a better resistance.
- Composition. It is something that many mums and many dads are thinking of, but it is always good to reminder it. That the mattresses do not have in their composition any toxic, carcinogenic or mutagenic component used in their manufacture.
And if you find that you would love a bit of help making a choice or decoration advice for your space, feel free to get in touch with us! Our team of kids interior designers will help you create the perfect bedroom for your children.
At TOC TOC Kids we are passionately committed to bringing you:
- The leading kids designer brands, especially Scandinavian kids furniture and decoration from the best and trendiest kids brands around the world, so that you have the very best products to create the perfect kids bedroom for your children.
- The very best kids furniture for any style of room
- Gift lists for new births or First Communions
- An innovative 100% online service offering 3D kids interior design and/or decoration advice by expert interior designs for all budgets!